AnSo ’So Damn Loud’ Single Release Show
AnSo is a South-Korean, vocalist and producer who works on Gadigal land, exploring elements of experimental pop.
Her debut EP 'Farrago of Emotions' captures her journey of cultural confusion through a sense of disjointedness and angularity in the digital and electronic realm. From releasing 'Farrago of Emotions' in January 2021, she supported Rainbow Chan's Lunar New Year Celebration show in February at Mary's Underground, performed for Art Month Sydney, curated by Collective Frenzy at Firstdraft in March, and was in the lineup for Badu Gili Winter Nights at the Sydney Opera House Monumental Steps.
Vulnerable and raw, AnSo weaves her lyrics between Korean and English, creating a distinctive world of sound. Along with her interest in sound and vocal manipulation, experimenting with field recordings have become a prevalent part of music making, leading to the creation of AnSo's bizarre and exciting sound world. Following her debut EP, she has released her single ’So Damn Loud’, a step into the hyper-pop realm, where frenzy and chaos meets clarity and expression.
- Shows will be standing and limited to 70 due to social distancing measures
- Upstairs kitchen will be open and running a $15.00 burger + schooner of beer or cider deal for those who have purchased a ticket to the show
- All customers entering the premise must sign-in by providing accurate contact details via the venue’s QR code sign in registry at the entrance of the venue which is designed specifically for contact tracing if necessary.
The venue will be taking a number of precautionary measures to ensure patron safety, including:
- Hand sanitiser dispensers on entry and through venue
- Signage and social distancing markers throughout the venue
- Regular sanitising of the venue and full clean between sittings