Sophisticated Dingo ‘Day in the Life’ Single Launch
Sophisticated Dingo are an endearing and unstoppable Melbourne duo consisting of best mates Jimmy and Lew, who draw on personal experiences and relationships to coin their own brand of nostalgic, hook-driven, and roaring “trash pop”.
In 2020, the band released their sophomore EP ‘How’s The Carry On!?’. Singles ‘Vultures’, ‘What Is Going On?’, and ‘Don’t Wanna Be’ clocked up Spotify playlisting support on on Spotify’s Punk Unleashed, New Music Friday AU/NZ, Local Noise, Fresh Finds: Rock, Rock Out, and Apple Music’s The New Rock, alongside support from triple j Unearthed and airplay on triple j’s Home & Hosed.
The duo have also proven to be a staple in Melbourne’s live scene, with multiple sold out headline shows under their belts in addition to supporting the likes of Press Club, Beddy Rays, Tired Lion, Dear Seattle, The Gooch Palms, British India, Bakers Eddy, Mesa Cosa, RAT!hammock, and Pacific Avenue.
Their new single ‘Day In The Life’ follows their recent live achievements and comes ahead of their upcoming national tour, hinting at a new era to come for the beloved Melbourne duo.
- Shows will be standing and limited to 70 due to social distancing measures
- Upstairs kitchen will be open and running a $15.00 burger + schooner of beer or cider deal for those who have purchased a ticket to the show
- All customers entering the premise must sign-in by providing accurate contact details via the venue’s QR code sign in registry at the entrance of the venue which is designed specifically for contact tracing if necessary.
The venue will be taking a number of precautionary measures to ensure patron safety, including:
- Hand sanitiser dispensers on entry and through venue
- Signage and social distancing markers throughout the venue
- Regular sanitising of the venue and full clean between sittings