Saint Lane - Early Show
After a breakthrough 12 months delivering a string of powerful singles and garnering praise from tastemakers like Billboard and The Needle Drop through to triple j, Gold Coast-via-New Zealand rapper Saint Lane is now set to release his debut EP, the raw and emotive If I Leave You In The Fire. Featuring the brand new single ‘Altar of the Heartless’ which drops today, the EP also includes previous cuts ‘When Did We Grow Up?’ with Robbie Miller, ‘Hickeys’ and ‘The Family’ plus two unreleased tracks, the epic combination of ‘The Fire’ and ‘The Water’.
Born to Fijian and French parents in Auckland, Saint Lane moved across the ditch to Australia as a teenager. Now residing on the Gold Coast, Lane has been building a loyal following both locally and across the globe with a steady stream of releases in the past 12 months. Since blasting onto the scene, Lane has showcased at BIGSOUND, taken on support duties for the likes of Lime Cordiale and J.I.D and played a 10-date tour in January of this year. ‘Hickeys’ and ‘When Did We Grow Up’ with Robbie Miller both picked up additions to triple j with a bunch of glowing reviews on Unearthed, with ‘The Family’ also picking up an add to The Edge 96.1 and Unearthed Radio. Saint Lane also garnered a nod from Briggs on his Beats 1 show The New Australian for his feature on Travy P’s ‘She Devil’, and love from press and tastemakers including The Needle Drop, NME, The Guardian, GQ and Billboard.
- Do not attend if you are feeling unwell
- All audience members will be required to sanitise & check-in upon entry to Waywards.
- Shows will be seated (1.5m apart) and limited to 50 per sitting to allow for social distancing.
- All seats & tables will be wiped down & sanitised between show sessions/sittings.
- Guests must be seated at all times of the show unless moving from one section of the venue to another - i.e toilet, smoking area etc. There is to be no standing and mingling among guests especially between different groups and alcohol can only be consumed by seated customers.
- Drinks can only be ordered through ME&U table service, no need to head to the bar! All tables will have their own ME&U beacon where guests can scan a QR code to view the drinks menu, order & pay as drinks are brought to them.
- Artist to perform two separate sittings, 6:30pm & 9:30pm
- Due to venue seating layout, tickets are only able to be purchased in groups of 2 or 4 (subject to availability for both)
- Patrons are to promptly leave once the shows have finished to ensure staff are able to sanitise and wipe down all surfaces before the next show.
The venue will be taking a number of precautionary measures to ensure patron safety, including:
- Hand sanitiser dispensers on entry and at tables
- Signage and social distancing markers throughout the venue
- Regular sanitising of the venue and full clean between sittings