Homelands is the new EP from Aboriginal led punk-rock band Chasing Ghosts.
Front man Jimmy Kyle is a proud Koori man, a descendent of the Thungutti mob from the mid-north coast of NSW. He speaks and writes with a potent mind. Every track on the EP is about real people and real situations, all of them born from intense real-life stories. Wanting to do justice to the topics while bringing everyone on the journey and simultaneously still speaking the truth was a pressure that weighted heavy.
“I was scared to write these songs, because a lot of the topics are challenging,” says Jimmy Kyle. “But that’s how I knew I was onto something. It made me feel nervous.”
- Shows will be standing and limited to 70 due to social distancing measures
- Upstairs kitchen will be open and running a $15.00 burger + schooner of beer or cider deal for those who have purchased a ticket to the show
- All customers entering the premise must sign-in by providing accurate contact details via the venue’s QR code sign in registry at the entrance of the venue which is designed specifically for contact tracing if necessary.
The venue will be taking a number of precautionary measures to ensure patron safety, including:
- Hand sanitiser dispensers on entry and through venue
- Signage and social distancing markers throughout the venue
- Regular sanitising of the venue and full clean between sittings